Thursday, June 16, 2011

"El Baile de la Victoria"


The  last year I took a sabbatical year, I took this year because I wanted to do many thigns that I couldn’t do if you were studying, I worked, I studied English and I decided what career I want to take. Also, I could do many others things because I have time, one of this was go to the “Book Fair” in the Mapocho station. I really like read and this year I could read many books.

Well, when I went to the fair I see many books, one of their caught my attention, that was “El Baile de la Victoria” by the chilean author, Antonio Skarmeta. I read the book and I fell in love with it, the plot of the book is about a girl, who is a ballet dancer and her name is Victoria, and two inmates recently released, one of them is boy and his name is Angel Santiago and the other is an adult who is called Vergara Grey, three of them have very different plans about their lives but life unites.

I really love this book, and I can't say that Skarmeta is my favorite writer because it’s the only that I have read by him, but it’s my favorite book. Later to read the book, I saw the movie based on the movie, but I was really disappointed the film, because it’s very very different to the book, it has very little relationship between them (book and movie) and I really hated it. The actors are good, Ricardo Darin –an argentine actor that I like- acts in the movie, but this story, for me, it’s very bad. 

So, for the moment, this is my favorite and I had really good luck to find it in the fair, without any suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)
    I think this is a interesting topic, I like read. I have read some things of Skarmeta, not yet read "El Baile de la Victoria", but the truth is that I found interesting, so I'll read.
    And other thing... I love Ricardo Darin, he is a really god actor.

    ReplyDelete